** You will be required to submit a ticket to Naropa IT to complete this process! Please plan accordingly. **
COPY THE BELOW TEXT and SUBMIT TICKET and FILL IN THE BLANKS.
I would like to access my workstation remotely via my mac. Would you please let me know my workstation IP address and make it stable. I work in _____________ department and the sticker/name on my computer says____________.
Here's the desk article that I am referring to to setup my mac. Thank you.
After IT responds you can complete the steps below.
Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 from the Mac App Store.
Step 1: Install Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 on your MAC
** (If you have an older version of OS X you may need to search and download version 8 then use THESE instructions instead.)
We will configure the settings after installing VPN.
Step 2: Install VPNDownload and install the VPN Software FortiClient for Mac.
Step 3: Connect to FortiClient VPN
- Open FortiClient
- Remote Access Tab
- Click the drop down gear icon > Add Connection
- Enter the following info.
Remote Gateway: vpn.naropa.edu
Customized port (CHECKED): 10443
Username: your account name (likely first letter, then last name)
- Click Add
- Enter password and try to connect.
- You might get an Invalid Certificate Error. Click continue or trust.
- You can now connect to the VPN via your Naropa credentials. There will be a shield icon in the top right corner of your screen that displays connection status.
Step 4: Configure Microsoft Remote Desktop 10
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop 10
- Click Add desktop button
- PC Name: Add your computer's IP address that the IT department gave you (See the help ticket request at the top of this article).
- For User Account, the first time you will Click Add User Account
- Create User Account
- User Name: naropa\yourlogin
- For the yourlogin part, you put the same name as your email address and the same name you use to login to your computer. Usually first letter of first name and last name.
- Leave password blank.
- Click save.
- Then you should see a box with your IP address, which looks like 10.96.XX.XX numbers. And your select your user account naropa\yourlogin
- Click save.
- Now double click the box with your IP inside of it to begin to connect.
- If you get a connection may not be secure error, push continue, and it should work.
If you have questions, please let Naropa IT know. Thanks!
Made by Tharyn Taylor, Academic Support, June 2018.