Using the Smart Classroom: Using Naropa Equipment
1. Gather the supplies necessary to deliver your lecture – located in the adjunct faculty office at the Nalanda campus, in the Library at Main Campus (Arapahoe), or the adjunct faculty closet at Paramita. If you do not know the passcode to the adjunct faculty office at your campus please reach out to your program’s administrator.
A black projector remote & keyboard and mouse. Some classrooms in Sycamore do not have a remote because the projector power button is within reach. If the keyboard and mouse are wireless, you will need the USB piece that matches the keyboard. Be sure the keyboard is switched ON and has charged batteries!
2. Start with all the equipment turned off. The projector’s power light will be flashing blue. If the power light is NOT flashing blue: submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org with the classroom number
The thin black box on the wall (thin client) will have an amber power light.
The cables connecting the thin client to the wall should look as below.
3. Using the black remote, firmly press the red power button once. The flashing blue power light will become solid blue. WAIT for 15-30 seconds for the bulb to warm up and the projector to display “Waiting for Input”.
4. Once the projector is on, turn on the thin client by pressing the power button once on the top of the client. It will turn blue.
5. Once the projector has received the input, you will see the thin client display on the wall.
a. If you are faculty: Login with your username (part of your email address before “@naropa.edu”) and your email password.
b. If you are a student: Login with your username (student ID number) and your MyNaropa password Nalanda
Arapahoe / Paramita
6. Be patient while the classroom image is loading, it will take a few minutes.
7. Use the computer to do your lesson a. Use Firefox or Chrome to navigate to websites including: Youtube, Google Drive, Prezi b. Plug in a flash drive to give a Powerpoint presentation
8. After the lesson has finished, shut down the equipment. To log off of the computer, click the Start menu. Click the “>” arrow next to “Shut Down” and choose “Log Off”
9. Once the thin client is powered off, the projector will have a blue “waiting for input” screen again—this is OK!
10.Once the thin client is powered off, the projector will have a blue “waiting for input” screen again—this is OK!
11.Use the black projector remote and press the power button twice. If you only press the remote one time, you will see the below image.
When you press the remote button twice, this will turn off the lamp. The lamp takes about two minutes to cool down and go back into standby (flashing blue light) mode. If you need to use the projector immediately again, you will have to wait for the projector to cool down first.
12. Return all borrowed equipment to the adjunct faculty office or library.